(2/19/2009)
We have been celebrating Olivia's birthday for a week now... we were lucky enough to have my mom come visit last weekend and she brought with her JuJu, Pookie, and Tara and Ben. We had so much fun hanging our with them and got to have a mini party for Liv.
She LOVES her "numbella"
and matching boots and raincoat... perfect for the Oregon weather!
Emma thought it was her party too, she played with all the tissue and wrapping paper.
She's constantly on the move these days... I have a hard time keeping up with her, she is pulling herself up to everything and I fear that she will be walking too soon!
Beautiful dress from Grandma Doreen ( I personally think that the rainboots match it perfectly :))
New shades! Goofy smile!
She's a "ballerina princess fairy!"
She is almost wearing all of her gifts. boots, jacket, tutu with leotard, and backpack and of course had to try out her numbella outside.
It was so much fun being able to spend time with my mama and sisters and brother in law. Thanks for coming guys, it was too short of a trip but it was a blast!
Last night we had a birthday party with some friends at our house. Olivia has been talking about it all month and has helped me plan it out too. We made invitations and decorations and she picked out the type of cake she wanted... Princess of course! :) We also let her choose what we were going to do for her day since her birthday was on sunday we let her have saturday to go out and eat and do whatever she chose. We were thinking we'd do something bigger but our princess enjoys the simple things... she wanted to get a hot dog from costco for dinner and go to the outdoor mall and throw pennies in the fountain. That was easy for us :) She has a blast just being with us, she was so happy and it helped us realize that the simple times are the best times. So after she finished throwing pennies in the fountain we went home to get ready for her party. It was a lot of fun. Sadly I didn't get too many pictures of the party but here is what I got! :)
Here are my homemade decorations.. I'm pretty proud of the banner that I made with the Cricut that Jon got me for Christmas.
The Princess Cake! It turned out pretty good for having NEVER decorated a cake before! :) It made my day when Olivia came up while I was finishing it up and said "Oh my mom, that's beautiful!" "IT'S PERFECT!"
Ready to go to the mall
More pictures of the decorations before our friends arrived.
Emma is thrilled!
Our friends gave Olivia this long blonde wig that olivia loves! :) she thinks she is repunzel and has really got the hair flip down with attitude!
Getting ready to sing!
Oh yes... the lovely wig!
So, today we had Mickey Mouse pancakes with chocolate chips then played for a bit and got ready for 1:00 church, when we got home from church we had dinner and then she finally got to open her presents from us. She got some stuff for her dollhouse and a primary songs sing-a-long dvd that we had to sing and dance to immediately. Then we skyped Gaga and Papa Hughes while she opened her present from them. They gave her a really cute cupcake kit for her kitchen that we played with right up until bedtime! All in all I'd say she had a pretty good birthday and she hasn't stopped thanking us since last night! We love our sweet little princess and can't believe how fast she is growing up. Happy Birthday baby girl!
I love these girls!
ballerina dancing... as soon as she gets home everyday she immediately gets a tutu on... today she put her leotard and tutu on :)
This is the reaction we got while singing happy birthday to her!
Playing with her new dollhouse accessories... Emma is on her way to play too!
They play so well together most of the time! I love them!
Opening her present from Gaga and Papa Hughes while talking to them via Skype
Emma was loving talking on the computer!

I love these so so much! I miss you all!
ReplyDeleteSo Cute and nice job on the cake! I am never good at making cakes for Linkin, I should practice :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of this is that she wanted to go to costco for her birthday dinner. What a nut! I love those babies! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Livi!!! We miss you sooooo much! We are so glad you had a fun birthday. We think Costco hotdogs are pretty great too!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a beautiful princess in your tutu and beautiful new red dress! We love your cute curly hair too.
Come and see us soon okay?!