Saturday, November 6, 2010

alright everyone... Here is an update!

Well my entire family had let me know that I have been a big slacker in the blogging world, and well I guess I have... sorry! I know you mostly want to see pictures but you are going to have to read my ramblings first! Or you can skip it I guess if you must :)We have just been enjoying Oregon and getting to know all of our new friends. The weather has been so beautiful here, rainy off and on but it hasn't been too bad... yet... :) I can't believe the trees here. They are so gorgeous the colors are so rich and the leaves are changing so dramatically! Bright bright oranges, reds and yellows I have never seen such a dramatic color change I can't describe it I need to get some pics of them! But anyway... things are going great here, Jon is crazy busy studying so we pretty much only see him on weekends so Liv and I have been doing our best to stay busy, we have play dates with friends from the ward and we try to go swimming once a week. Olivia looks forward to that part of the week the most I think. It has been an adjustment but we are so grateful to be here and to have met the wonderful people that we have.
A couple weeks ago Jon had to head to utah for the end of the summer banquet for his summer sales, he brought home some prizes though for being such a stud! :) My favorite... a Wii yay we have a wii!!! So we were so excited about it that we had a bunch of friends over for a party. We had yummy pumpkin cake and other treats and played wii of course, but then the guys got side-tracked. They started playing with a little basketball hoop I got Jon a couple years ago at BYU. They were playing horse in the house. Not the safest place especially considering they aren't little boys anymore :) They were very entertaining though, they were trying tricky dunks and random bank shots it got pretty crazy with lots of loud bangs and thuds. It was pretty funny. Here are a couple of the action shots. It was hard to capture these moments because they were all over the place.



Now for halloween I was so terrible and really procrastinated getting Olivia a costume. I wanted to find a cute pumpkin costume cause she has really started to love "punkins" as she calls them, but couldn't find the right one, while we were looking one night she spotted the Elmo costume and that was that... she was going to be elmo whether I liked it or not... and she was quite the cute Elmo if I do say so myself :)
On our way to Trunk-or-treat at the church
She loved being Elmo, she kept jumping around and she was even doing the Elmo giggle it was so cute
I am mad that we didn't get more pictures but... just my luck the camera dies argh!!!

Today we baby sat Gracie while her parents went to the temple, Olivia is slowly learning how to share and she and Gracie were pretty cute playing together. Here they are rock-a-bye-ing :)

Olivia even read her a book :) too cute! 

Changing the subject... I have a very funny Livi moment to share with you all. 
Olivia was in the bath and Jon and I were just outside the bathroom when we heard a very terrified scream and cry coming from the bathroom. We ran in there to see what was wrong and we found Olivia, cornered in the very edge of the tub screaming, very very scared of the log of poo that was moving towards her as the water in the tub moved. She thought it was alive and chasing her. It was gross, sad and hilarious all at the same time. I felt bad about laughing and part of me was wishing I had a camera strapped to me at all times to catch these moments. It was quite the tramatic event for Liv though, she still is a little bit afraid of the tub at first until we show her that she is the only one in the water. Poor little thing... she will probably hate that I shared this with the whole world someday, but it's one of the moments that you really don't want to forget :) am I a mean mommy? 






5 comments:

  1. I love the Elmo costume, what a cutie! I can't believe how big she is getting. I am glad you guys are adjusting to everything ok. Sure miss ya Bre. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Updated!!! Thanks! We miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to see you over Christmas! If for any reason you feel like spending part of your Thanksgiving break in Utah, you must let us know! Miss ya tons!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... That's hillarious. The funny thing is that Landon has done that a few times himself. But he knows exactly what it is. He just says, "Uh oh. Poo poo."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! Olivia is looking so big and grown up! I can't believe how long her hair is and it's really thickening up. Oh, how we miss you guys!
    Well I think Olivia is the cutest Elmo I've ever seen!
    And the poop in the tub story is just classic! That happened with Kindly too and it was also very traumatic for her. It took a while to get her to like the bath again. Good luck there.
    We can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving! Hey, bring the Wii!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest little Elmo I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete